The last month of my life has been crazy/painful/amazing/tiring/joyful.
1. Company: We've had someone living with us for the last month. It's been awesome. I love it. My stepmom Teresa came for 10 days, left for three and then returned for another 10 days with my Dad. After that, my best friend came with her two little girls for 5 days. Tomorrow will be my first day alone with all 3 kids. In two more weeks, my in laws will be here for a week. Having all this company is so refreshing and comforting, especially in this very physically challenging time for me. Unfortunately, I am not getting any better at saying goodbyes...
2. Marius: Our little boy was born 4 weeks ago and he has continued to grow into his little baby boy body. He eats about two times at night and every two hours during the day (which is exhausting!). He smiles all the time. And no, it's not gas. He voluntarily smiles at us, and he smiles almost the whole time he is falling asleep, as his little eyelids flicker. It's magical and it's been happening since day #3 of his life. At this rate, he is gaining 1 oz a day!
3. Nursing: I was pretty anxious about how nursing would go this time. After some tips on how to manage an oversupply of milk, I can happily say that nursing is going great! I was horribly engorged for 7 days but the supply finally went down. I did have to sleep sitting up in the chair in our bedroom because my chest was so large and painful.... so glad that is over.
4. Body: Okay, so my body has taken a beating the last four weeks. It was in labor for 10 hours to have a baby. I then received stitches for a 2nd degree episiotomy. My chest then grew 3 cup sizes and was engorged for 7 days. Then I had a D&E to remove large blood clots and a partial retained placenta from my uterus. At the same time, I had an appendectomy to remove an extremely painful (hours of tears in pain, even with pain meds through an IV) swollen and infected appendix. Three incisions later, I was appendicitis free but left with a 3 inch and two 1 inch incisions that were painful and tender. Oh, and the whole time I am waking up to nurse/pump and not sleeping nearly enough. Not to mention my body producing 35-40oz a day of milk. It's amazing what the body can handle. One of the many tender mercies from above, was that my post partum depression did not surface!! There were moments when I would feel a bit 'off' but it never lasted more than a couple of hours and it was to be expected, but not PPD,
5. Service: We have been the recipients of the most incredible service these last 4 weeks. My Dad and stepmom were ministering angels during a time where I could not take care of my kids and Jordan could not take off anymore work (a total of 9 days). They let us sleep, cooked amazing meals and treats, washed and folded our dirty laundry, held/fed/loved our babies and drove us to numerous doctor's appointments. Colleen came and took care of us while having a teething/ear infected 1 year old. No complaints, no praise needed, just took care of everything that needed done and then some. Like homemade crescent rolls and pumpkin pancakes. Our church family has been there for us the entire way. Sitting with me at the hospital for 9 hours, watching our kids so Jordan could be with me for the surgery, bringing us numerous meals and offers to come this week to just help out with the kids when I am solo. Jordan's work family has been so supportive and concerned about our family as well - taking off almost two whole weeks of work (at the very beginning of the new fiscal year), offering to pick up our company from the airport, giftcards and a co-worker dropping off a huge load of groceries for us. To say it's been humbling and touching is a complete understatement. What I do know is that my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware and concerned about my current challenges. It's evident by the amazing people he has put in my life to aid me during this time.
6. Illness: And to top it off, our family has been sick for the first time since living in Florida. Lily acquired a virus from church, which then spread to Robert and then Jordan. We will see if Marius and I get it. Marius has been fussy the last couple of days so his little baby body may be trying to fight it off. It's some strand of the flu with a super high fever that literally wipes your body out. Super tired, lethargic, loss of appetite and headache.
What will March bring us?? :)
1 comment:
What will March bring? Hopefully smooth sailing!
Post a Comment